First of all, why choose dance? When there are so many activities available for children, what makes dance the right choice?
- promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
- builds strength and stamina, increases flexibility, coordination, and balance
- develops body awareness and correct posture
- relieves stress, burns off energy
- great way to meet new friends
- builds confidence, focus, and discipline
- develops communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- there is a strong correlation between arts involvement and academic achievement
- improves brain function through memory, movement, and rhythm skills
- teaches goal setting and time management
- utilizes student’s imagination and nurtures creativity
- promotes self-expression
- teaches musicality
And best of all, IT’S FUN!
How to Choose a Dance School
As your child’s body grows and develops, it’s important to have proper dance training. A strong technical foundation will provide the skills to enjoy dance for a lifetime, while poor training can cause lasting damage. Dance classes should be appropriate to the student’s physical development and learning ability. The atmosphere should promote a child’s self-esteem, creativity, and happiness.
Here are some questions to consider:
- How many levels of training are offered? Do they offer classes by age and proficiency?
- Is the faculty knowledgeable and experienced in teaching certain genres and age groups?
- Is everyone encouraged to participate in performances? What are the performance opportunities?
- Does the school focus on its competition program or are recreational and beginning students given as much priority as the advanced dancers?
- Do students spend time on learning HOW to dance, not just on learning a dance?
- Are there classes in a variety of dance styles available for students with individual interests?
- Does the facility have spacious classrooms with resilient flooring and other amenities for students and parents?
We are committed to providing high quality, comprehensive dance education to students of all ages and levels. Whether your child aspires to becoming a professional dancer, a dance team member, or is taking classes just for fun or fitness, each dancer is important to us.
- We focus on giving every student the technical background to maximize their potential.
- We offer a wide array of classes, with varied scheduling options to suit your family’s needs.
- Our choreography, music, and costumes are age appropriate.
- We communicate with parents through email newsletters, bulletin boards, and friendly, informed desk staff.
- Our recitals are short, enjoyable, and entertaining.
Visit: About Us
and Frequently Asked Questions
for more information on our studio.